The Purpose of Child Care WAGE$ NEBRASKA
Improve child care quality, through salary supplements, by reducing turnover and encouraging the continued education of teachers, directors and family child care provides.
Benefits of Child Care WAGE$ Nebraska
- Rewards for Attained Education: Supplement award amounts are based on the level of education an individual has attained.
- Rewards Consistency: Supplements are distributed in six month increments, after the recipient has spent a continuous six-month period in the same child care setting.
- Integrates with Other Education and Compensation Initiatives: The Child Care WAGE$ Project builds on and collaborates with the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Project. Whereas TEACH rewards childcare professionals seeking more education and helps them attain it, WAGE$ rewards those who have already attained education and helps keep them in their child care programs.
- Provides a Direct Graduated Supplement that is Logical and Sufficient: Supplements recognize individual professional development efforts regardless of the work environment and address low wages without affecting center budgets, regular wages or parent fees. Amounts are sufficient to make a difference and the scale levels and rewards represent logical progress in the educational system.
- Does Not Increase Costs to Parents: Because funding for the Child Care Wage$ Project comes from external sources and goes directly to individual child care providers, families can have the benefit of better educated, more consistent staff without having to pay more.